- Bus stops are located immediately next to the ward block of the Base Hospital on Drummond Street and on the corner of Sturt and Drummond Streets (outside McDonalds and Shell).
- The V-Line coach service to and from Warrnambool stops at the Sturt Street bus stops (outside McDonalds and Shell).
- The City of Ballarat's Free City Circle Bus runs in a circular loop between Bridge Mall and the Sturt Street bus stops (outside McDonalds and Shell) every 10 minutes 7 days a week between 8am and 6pm.
A taxi rank is located near the Sturt Street entrance of the Base Hospital. A taxi phone is also located at the Sturt Street Information Desk if required.
Ballarat Taxis - 131 008
A multi-storey car park is available at the Base Hospital and can be accessed via Mair Street, near the corner of Anticline Lane (click the image on the right to view a location map).
- Public parking is available on Ground and Level 1. Parking fees apply.
- Pay at the pay station (located in lift lobby) with cash or credit card, or at the exit gate with credit card only.
- A drop off and pick up zone is available within the car park (there is no fee for drivers using the drop-off zone and staying less than 20 minutes).
- Disabled parking is located on ground level.
- 2.1 metre clearance.
- Please refer to Terms and Conditions located at the entrance to the car park on Mair Street.
There is also limited free, metered and ticketed parking in surrounding streets.
Base Hospital Car Park - Parking Rates
|0 - 20 Mins
|20 Mins - 1 Hour
|1 Hour - 2 Hours
|2 Hours - 3 Hours
|3 Hours - 4 Hours
|4 Hours - 5 Hours
|5 Hours - 6 Hours
|6+ Hours (daily rate)
|Maximum Fee (single entry)
24 Hours - 7 Days